Virtual learning September 8 through September 25 for all TSD students.
Message from Principal Meszaros 9-3-2020
Good evening Randall families,
This is Ms. Meszaros with a message regarding the start of school on Tuesday, September 8th:
Parents you will help most by:
● Assisting your child in logging into Clever and joining their Google Classroom. Please follow the directions provided in the packet you received with your child’s device. Make sure your child has accepted all invites from teachers including PE, Music, and STEAM.
● Please be sure to listen to all robocalls and read all emails and remind messages from Teachers and myself
● Please have a quiet, consistent, organized space for your child to complete virtual learning
● Help your child be prepared for learning from 8:38-3:32 (11:49 on the half day)
● If you have questions, please connect with your child’s teacher or myself
Students you will do your personal best when:
● With your families’ help, you make sure you have acceptable all invites from our teachers and have joined your Google Classroom
● Please be prepared to be on time and on task for your Google Classroom beginning at 8:38 each morning. You will log into your classroom each day at this time.
● To do your personal best you should follow all expectations given by your teacher. Remember that we promise to be Responsible, Respectful, to use Integrity and Perseverance.
● Keep in mind all students are held to the District Code of Conduct whether face to face or learning virtually
● https://www.taylorschools.net/downloads/board_of_education/2019-20_student_code_co nduct.pdf
● Follow directions the first time and complete activities and assignments given to you
● Students are expected to attend daily from 8:38-3:32 with attendance taken in the
morning and afternoon
Our teachers will share the class’ daily schedule which will include community building, grade level content, Specials, brain breaks, and lunch. Our teachers will present, model and practice expectations.
Students will be connected from the start of the day at 8:38 to the close of the day 3:32 (11:49 on the half day). This time could include whole group instruction, work and practice time with teacher support and other activities.
Additional classroom materials students will need will be determined and pick up times will be set and communicated to you. The first priority in the next few weeks will be to get to know students, their educational needs, and tech know-how's.
If you did not come to the school to pick up your student/s’ device, you will need to call the main office at (313) 295-5812 to make arrangements for pick up. Please do not just stop by the school. At this time, there is no parent entry into the building so it will be important for arrangements to be made.
Please remember this call and other valuable information is posted on the Randall Parent Facebook page and our school web page.
I can not thank each of you enough for partnering with us to begin this school year. Your partnership is deeply valued.
Stay safe and have a socially distant but fun weekend! Ms. Meszaros
If you still have a chromebook out, please contact the IT Department @ 734-946-6584 Ext. 0. You will be charged for the computer if not returned.
This is a link to our Google Site regarding COVID-19 Updates. How to access different products such as Google Classroom and Kami. Parents can find out how to join Google Classroom (for students)
Follow us on Randall PTO Facebook page to see up-to-date information.
news & announcements
Box Tops is going digital! Don't miss out on earnings for our school – make sure you've got the new Box Tops mobile app on your phone.
EARN CASH FOR RANDALL ELEMENTARY WITH BOX TOPS!
In stores now you can purchase products that you don’t have to cut off the box top. Just download the Boxtops4Education app, register, choose Clarence Randall Elementary and scan your receipt. It is that simple.
Continue to send in what Box tops you have that are NOT expired and we will send them in to Box tops 4 Education.
1. Load the Box Top Bonus App on your phone or tablet.
2. Register in the App and select Clarence Randall Elementary.
3. Scan your receipt and it automatically goes to Randall with no clipping.
4. You can also browse and select offers within the App, then purchase those products at any store.
5. Box Tops will confirm your purchase via email and credit the Randall account for those offers.
**Also, check the App for any Bonus opportunities being offered.
Give it a try and help Randall earn cash.
Every time you use your Kroger rewards card we receive money. So click on the Kroger Rewards below and sign up. (No cost to you)
Kroger Community Rewards Program is a way for Randall School to receive rewards. All you do is register online at krogercommunityrewards.com and sign up for our school to receive rewards through you swiping your card every time you shop. To learn how to register go to Kroger Rewards
Randall School collects Box tops for Education, and pull tabs from cans for Ronald McDonald House. We also collect plastic bottle tops to donate to Heritage Park for benches.
What we collect
View Parent Resources for important updates