Having trouble with your technology?
Please contact our IT (Information Technology) department:
Call 946-6584 and leave a message. Someone will reach out to you.
Click here for iPad help signing in to Google Classroom
This allows you to join Google meet from Google Classroom. Follow steps 1-3.
McDowell Elementary Family Suggestions & Student Expectations for Virtual Learning Safe Start September 8 to September 25, 2020
- Please open and read emails and remind messages from teachers and principals.
- Please have a quiet, consistent, & organized space for your child to do virtual learning.
- Please ask Ms. Borg, Principal, Lynne.Borg@taylorschools.net, or Teacher if you have questions. Teachers will share contact information with you.
- Follow Taylor School District Code of Conduct
- Follow directions - be a safe, respectful, and responsible student while learning virtually.
- Please accept all invites you have received from McDowell teachers.
- Students are expected to attend daily, bell to bell, whether they are face-to-face or virtual - 8:38 am to 11:49 am for a half day and 8:38 am - 3:32 pm for a full day. Teachers are taking daily attendance every am & pm. Teachers will give you a daily schedule next week.
McDowell Families Taylor School District
Please use the directions below to log into Clever for your child's virtual Learning Safe School Start September 8 to September 25, 2020. K-12 Taylor Students can access optional learning resources through Clever (this is a service that makes it easier for our school to use many popular education technology products).
1. Go to the Clever Portal: www.clever.com/in/tsd
2. Log in using the info below:
Student username hint: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student password hint: Student birthdate
(must be two-digit month, two digit date, and four-digit year)
If you are using an IPad: Go to Clever icon (It's the blue square with the white C) and follow the same log in directions as stated above.
Every student attending Taylor Schools will be provided a computer device for online learning. Device distribution for McDowell was the week before school. If you did not get yours, please contact the school by phone or email.
For additional information on food program go to Taylor Schools main website - taylorschools.net
Welcome to McDowell
We are so happy to have you at McDowell Elementary school! We serve approximately 250 students in grades K-5. Thank you for choosing our school as the building block of your child’s education. I am proud to say that we have a wonderful, highly qualified staff. They take great care in providing a balanced curriculum, which incorporates the academic, social, and emotional well-being of each student. You have begun a great partnership between home and school that allows your student to grow and develop as a learner.
This year will look different as we start off online but please know that we all care about you and your family and look forward to having you at school. Please listen to all calls and home connections that the school will provide so that you have the most up to date information.
You are your child’s most valuable resource. Please come in and sign up to volunteer and join our parent group. I look forward to partnering with you to advance your child’s learning. Please contact me with any questions or concerns.
Lynne Borg, Principal
News & Announcements
Now you can join all of Taylor schools on-
Facebook For district news!
And while you're on Facebook do a search for McDowell PTA and like the page to keep up to date on school happenings!!
Looking for before or after school care?
Nanny's Childcare - 9529 Pardee Rd. Taylor, MI 48180 - (313) 295-7188
Lil' Munchkins - 23006 Goddard Rd. Taylor, MI 48180 - (313) 406-9997
Champions (Located at Kinyon Elementary) - 10455 Monroe Blvd. Taylor, MI 48180 - (800) 350-5034
|‹ September 2020 ›|
Dates for you to remember...
Sept. 1, Tues, 11am to 2pm - 1st opportunity to pick up your computer device
Sept 2, Wed, 2pm to 7:30pm - 2nd opportunity to pick up your computer device
Sept 3, Thurs, 11am to 2pm - 3rd opportunity to pick up your computer device
Sept 8, Tues - First online day of school
Sept 25, Fri - Last online day of school
Sept 28, Mon - Tentively first in person school day