Welcome to the Taylor Public School District
Our District Mission Statement
Educate, Engage and Empower Those We Serve.
Our District Vision
We will be the innovative destination district where ALL succeed.
Our District Belief Statements
- All students can learn and succeed.
- All students deserve a safe, positive learning environment.
- Critical Thinking is crucial to success.
- District success is built on a culture of collaboration.
- In encouraging behaviors which promote perseverance and integrity.
- Students and families should be actively involved in setting goals for life-long learning.
- In building and sustaining an engaged and supportive community.
About Our District
The Taylor School District is a suburban middle - low class community southwest of Detroit in Wayne County, Michigan. It covers an area of approximately twenty-five square miles and, in addition to Taylor, includes parts of neighboring communities (Brownstown, Dearborn Heights, Inkster and Westland).
Taylor Schools has 596 full time faculty, including 22 school administrators and 14 district administrators. We also have 148 support staff including 62 teacher's aides and 7 library paraprofessionals.
The school district is the largest governmental unit of its kind in the Downriver area of suburban Detroit. In Wayne County, the Taylor School District ranks fifth in student population.
In the 2018-2019 school year, the Taylor School District operates one high school, two middle schools, eight elementary schools, the Taylor Virtual Learning Academy, and the Career Technology Center.