Teacher: Ms. Spieles
Class Goal: Students will experience teamwork, life skills and appropriate conflict resolution strategies through adventure challenge activities. Students will learn ways to be an effective, healthy person.
Grading: 60% appropriate participation and preparation (effort, attitude, behavior and being prepared)
40% class assignments, projects and homework
Homework: I give 2 – 3 days to complete an assignment. Sometimes the work requires a parent signature for full credit.
Course Requirements: Students do not need a special folder or notebook for this class; However, they must have a pencil each day. Failure to do so will lower their grade. Having a pencil is part of being prepared.
Lesson Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Nutrition Info and Guidelines– Healthy eating habits
- Physical Activity Information and Guidelines
- Healthy and Safe Living
- Trust Building (how to help and ask for help)
- Problem Solving and how to lead effectively
- Independence and Self-Governing (with focus on listening, communication, and handling frustration appropriately)
- Observation and Communication Skills
- The Importance of Planning *Life Skills
- Assertiveness *Handling Different Perspectives