WELCOME to Blair Moody Elementary School!
Welcome to Blair Moody Elementary
It is hard to believe that this is the final quarter of the year. Parents, remember to check your child's take home folder for notes and daily assignments. The M-STEP (state test) will begin Monday for fifth grade students. Students in grades 3-5 will take the M-STEP test. This year the assessment will be completely on the computer.
The dates for each grade is as follows:
5th grade - 4/11 - 4/22 4th grade - 5/9 - 5/27 3rd grade - 4/25 - 5/13
The link below will take you to a sample test for each grade level. The students have been practicing on the computer for the past few months to help with the new online tools. Follow the instructions and have your child practice these questions to prepare them for the test.
- Monday, April 11th - M-STEP testing begins for the fifth grade.
- Tuesday, April 19th - Michigan Philharmonic Performance - 4th grade
- Friday, April 22nd- Half day for students and conferences in the afternoon.
Safety & Security
We are working hard to maintain a safe and secure learning environment for our students. Please note the following policies with regard to the security of our building:
All exterior doors will remain locked at all times.
- Each morning, students should wait in their classroom line in front of the building. Students may only line up inside during inclement weather.
- Please use the buzzer system at the main entrance and report to the main office for a visitor's pass when visiting Blair Moody. Students and staff members are not allowed to open an exterior door for visitor's. Please do not ask a student or staff member to open a door.
- Students coming to school in the morning or leaving in the afternoon MUST use the sidewalks that surround the parking lot. They may not walk through the parking lot unless they are with an adult. Safety is our number one priority!
- Please make an appointment to meet with our teachers unless there is an emergency. This will ensure a smooth beginning to each classroom's school day. For the safety of our students, adults will no be allowed to enter our hallways without a visitor's pass from the office. A visitor's pass will only be issued to adults for educational support purposes.
- Our parking lot flows one way for the safety of our students. Use the entrance from Polk Street and exit on Hipp Street.
- Please drop your child(ren) off at the yellow painted lines. These lines were added for each grade level and the students are to line-up and wait for their teacher to bring them in to the school. For the safety of our students, PLEASE do not allow your child to walk through the parking lot. Adults must escort their child to the appropriate classroom line.
- There should not be a car parked in the pick-up only loop.
- All of these procedures are the same for dismissal. Students are to be picked up by their classroom line. For the safety of the students, children are not allowed to walk through the parking lot without an adult.
- The lines will be adjusted to increase the spacing for the students.
- Please review the school parking lot diagram below.