About McDowell Elementary
The McDowell School Community will work together to create safe, responsible, and respectful citizens who are dedicated to life long learning.
The McDowell School Community, incorporating a multi-cultured curriculum, high expectations, shared decision making and active participation will provide a safe and stimulating learning environment to maximize each child's potential.
- We believe in the capacity and the need for all individuals to learn.
- We believe in providing learning experiences in a variety of learning styles and modalities.
- We believe in offering a plethora of educational opportunities in a variety of settings.
- We believe that teachers, parents and the community are dynamic partners in the educational advancement of each and every student.
- We believe in site based management where all stake holders have a voice.
School Improvement Goals
Goal 1: Increasing Proficiency in Science
Goal 2: Increasing Proficiency in Math
Goal 3: Increasing Proficiency in English Language Arts
Goal 4: Increasing Proficiency in Social Studies
Goal 5: Climate and Culture