Hoover Middle School Attendance
313-295-5775, extension 2.
- If you are absent, your parent must call the school or counselor with the reason for the absence.
- Make it your goal to never miss any school.
- Being absent can affect your grade and may result in loss of credit.
- It is the responsibility of each student to be in their seat and ready to work at the start of class.
- Students absent or suspended on the day of an after school activity will not be allowed to participate that day.
TARDY POLICY AT HOOVER MIDDLE SCHOOL
Students are expected to manage their time during the transition from class to class so they are not late. If they have a problem, with their locker for example, they should report it immediately to a nearby adult. Students who are late will go to the tutoring lab for that hour and will be assigned a detention.
This policy is for six class periods including enrichment.
IF YOU ARE SICK DURING THE SCHOOL DAY
- Tell your teacher so that he/she can give you a pass to go to the counseling office.
- Let the counselor know why you are in the office.
- The counselor will assist you in calling home and getting direction from your parent.
- If your parent chooses to pick you up from school, you will be sent to your locker to gather your belongings.
- Report back to the counseling office and you may leave after your parent signs you out of school.
Wayne County Resources
Concerned about missing school . . . learn more at Wayne County's Truancy Program