Career & Technical Center
James I. Maley Taylor Career and Technical Center
Wherever you want to go, we help you get there. College, certifications, internship, apprenticeship, technical training and a rewarding career are what we prepare you for - all while you're still in high school.
Taylor School District Blog - see all the cool things happening in our district.
Yummy! Chopping Block - Taylor's student run restaurant
- Is it your birthday? Come in and get a free meal.
- Complimentary senior coffee or tea.
Watch as Taylor's robotics team learns of their big win. Congratulations to Team TNT280!
The team has competed in two FIRST in Michigan district events, One of the awards we won in Livonia was the Chairman's Award, which is comprised of a written document of 10,000 characters including punctuation and a verbal presentation given to a panel of judges, winning this award automatically qualified us for the State Championship.
- Chairman's Award - The most prestigious award at FIRST. It honors the team that best represents a model for other teams to emulate and best embodies the purpose and goals of FIRST.
- Creativity Award sponsored by Xerox - Centerline District. Celebrates creativity in design, use of component, or stategy of play.
- Finalist - Centerline District. Celebrates the alliance that makes it to the final match of the competition.
- Gracious Professionalism Award sponsored by Johnson & Johnson - Centerline District. Celebrates outstanding sportsmanship and continuous Gracious Professionalism® in the heat of competition, both on and off the playing field.
- Industrial Safety Award sponsored by Underwriters Laboratories - Livonia District. Celebrates the team that progresses beyond safety fundamentals by using innovative ways to eliminate or protect against hazards.
PAES students experience a Job Skills' Workshop at Home Depot. Check out the pictures>
WARNING - Some photos may not be for the weak of heart. Our health science instructors do not mess around when they teach their students how to save lives . . .
The Health Science/Nursing AM and PM classes learned how to do First Aid this past week. The students were made up with make-up to look as if they had real wounds. Their classmates then had to apply dressings, bandages, and splints. All of the students that performed this correctly and finished the course received a First Aid card from the American Heart Association.
These students also learned how to do CPR. They were taught how to perform CPR on adults, children and infants. They also learned how to perform abdominal thrusts to relieve a choking person and how to use an AED. All of the students that performed this correctly and finished the course received a CPR AED card from the American Heart Association.
The following businesses have been very generous to the PAES Program. Thanks for your support!
News & Announcements
Graduation Requirements Update
Beginning with the Class of 2011, all students enrolled at the Taylor Career and Technical Center who passing their respective program will also fulfill the following graduation requirements:
- Seniors can satisfy the 4th year MATH requirement.
- Juniors and Seniors can satisfy the VISUAL PERFORMING & APPLIED ARTS (VPAA) requirement.
- Juniors and Seniors can satisfy the ONLINE EXPERIENCE requirement.
Taylor School District Food Service Department is hiring Substitute Cooks.
5-15 hours per week (varies), $8.85 an hour, Must be able to travel to all schools Application Information